Youth and family ministry at Shepherd of the Mountains means providing fun and faith building experiences for youth of all ages. We strive to support parents and caring adults, through prayer and resources, to be formative in the faith journey of all our congregation’s children. We hope that youth experience that this is a great place for them where they know we care about their relationships with God, their family and their friends.
Education at Shepherd of the Mountains means growing in faith and stretching the horizons of all ages. From meeting in homes to classrooms to retreats, we gather to expand the mind and nourish the heart. Help yourself and others discover more about God’s grace.
Youth & Education Ministry Encompasses the Following:
- Assist with food for youth events: prepare and deliver snacks and/or meals.
- Assit with transportation (be a driver).
- Serve as a caring adult for youth discussion nights, facilitate and/or participate in small group discussions.
- Serve as a sponsor/chaperone for youth activities, a few hours to a full days time.
- Serve as a sponsor/chaperone for youth retreats/trips, multi-day.
- Serve as a prayer sponsor, praying for our roster of youth.
- Supervise baking communion bread for elementary/nursery youth, several times per year.
- Craft preparations, ongoing.
- Curriculum research, ongoing.
- Spaghetti dinner, once per year.
- Bake sale, once per year.
- Sunday School mailings and thank you notes, as needed.
- Sunday School teachers, short or long term commitments.
- Drama assistance, as needed.
- Children’s sermon, as needed.
- Recycling coordinator at the church.
- Amazing Race planners and volunteers, once per year.
- Catechism helpers/planners.
- Classroom helpers.
- Participate in a Bible Study.
Please let us know if you are interested in serving or joining the Youth & Education Ministry council team, or if you have ideas for youth and/or education you would like to share.
Youth & Education Committee Meetings
The first Monday of each month, 6:30pm. All are welcome.