Worship at Shepherd of the Mountains means celebrating the Good News of Jesus Christ crucified and risen. It is our great moment of togetherness, when we reshape life to better reflect the incredible grace of God.
Music is part of worship. Music at Shepherd of the Mountains means an amazing diversity of expression that unites hearts in praise and thanksgiving to God. Inspiring hymns, songs and liturgies are led by musicians of all ages and backgrounds.
Worship Ministry Encompasses the Following:
- Serve communion.
- Bake bread for communion.
- Preparation of bread and wine (Sacristan).
- Assisting Minister.
- Reading lessons.
- Serve in dramatic presentations.
- Instrumental ensembles (brass, woodwind, strings, percussion, keyboard, instrument).
- Choir for children and youth.
- Adult choir participation.
- Praise Band participation.
- Soloist/special music (vocal, instrumental).
- Music (hymn) selection.
- Assist with music organization.
- Host members of visiting choirs.
- Special music presentation.
- Visual art/media projects for worship.
- Design/create banners.
- Seasonal decoration.
- Coordinate volunteer schedules.
- Participate on Worship Committee.
- Acolyte (typically 6th, 7th, & 8th grade.
- Altar guild (paraments, wine, candles, etc).
Please let us know if you are interested in serving or joining the Worship council team, or if you have ideas for worship you would like to share.
Worship/Music Committee Meetings
The second Sunday of each month, 11:30am. All are welcome.