Dear Shepherd of the Mountains –
We are seeking nominations for the Transition Team!
The Transition Team is:
- Group of approximately 8 people who can be good representatives of the church – A team that will work for 5-8 months with Pastor Rob Moss and Alison Vallejo (Transition Lead).
- This is a different group of people than the “Call Committee.” The Call Committee will be established once the work of the Transition Team is completed.
Who can I nominate?
The following are preferred traits for Transition Team members:
- Trusted by one or more groups within the congregation,
- Spiritually wise,
- Regular worship attender (Zoom or In-person),
- Regular financial contributor,
- Able to listen to and speak to hard things,
- Willing and available to do some intense work for several months until this team’s work is completed.
What exactly does the Transformation Team do?
- They help prepare the congregation for a new chapter/new future; this will mostly likely look different than the SOTM of the past.
- The Transition Team will assess our facilities, finances, constitution and overall staffing needed to determine what is needed for the future.
- The Transition Team will meet regularly to work on all the above.
How do I nominate someone?
- Carefully consider who in our congregation could fulfill this need.
- Email a nomination to the Council President, Jennifer Lopansri (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Easter (but the earlier the better!)
Once nominations are received, the council will work with Pastor Rob and Alison to finalize the team and begin this important work!
Thank you for your consideration of Transition Team nominations – SOTM Church Council