In the early 1980’s a group of people began meeting in kitchens and even ice cream parlors to worship together. They held their first worship service in September of 1980. As they grew in numbers they met at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in old town and then in 1992 the congregation moved to our present location and new building. Like the first group we still gather to meet around a table for the bread of life, Jesus Christ. But we are not the first Lutheran congregation in Park City. St. John Lutheran served the miners and their community from the 1880’s until the middle of the 1900’s. We carry on that tradition.
Our congregation was officially organized on March 3rd, 1985 as part of the Pacific Southwest Synod of the then Lutheran Church in America. David Krueger served as the founding pastor from 1982-1988. He was followed by Jonathon Nelson from 1988-1992, Marc Miller from 1993-1997 and Jeffrey Louden from 1998-2007. The congregation called Steve Leiser to begin serving April 1st, 2009.